News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Marker Baron, Black diamond Prime compatibility
Posted: 11 February 2012 08:29 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-10-02

Hi,

Seeing the previous post thought I might as well throw my own problem out for comment/advice.

I got a pair of Black diamond Prime boots for this season and have been using them with Marker’s Baron bindings. On the extremely rare occaisions wink I blow it and come out of the bindings I have a devil of a job getting back into them unless I’m on flat, easy terrain, just can’t get that heel to lock. I’ve had them set up by my local ski techs, but last time it happened the guide I was with suggested it was the heel height at the sole he suspected was the problem.

This happened to anyone else, and what really simple thing am I missing in solving this?

Cheers

P

Posted: 12 February 2012 11:42 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

I think your guide may be right. I have some piste bindings and if I have even the slightest amount of snow buildup I can’t get my boots in, the heel just pops out again. Looking at them this seems to me to be a boot sole height issue in my case. I’ve not swapped my bindings.

Maybe you need to get the sole ground a bit, well not really possible with Vibram type soles I imagine? You really need to speak to a competent ski tech in this case as it is beyond my knowledge.