This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Techinica Cochise/Plum non-working combo??
Posted: 11 February 2012 02:06 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-02-11

Hi
Has anyone used the Technica Cochise with Plum TLT bindings (or Dynafit) and had any issues?

I have been having issues with my Cochise releasing at the toe piece under minimal force/normal skiing.  I have only skied them twice and both times this happened within the first two runs.  The first occassion I put down to perhaps there being some ice under the binding at the toe.  Therefore on the 2nd outing I was incredibly careful to make sure they were completely clear when putting them on at the top of the gondola.

They hold fine if i switch them into walk function, but obviously this is not the best idea as they will never release!

A friend is using the Plum with a set of Scarpa Maestrale and has had no problems.

I have measured the width of the Technica toepiece between the holes, compared with the Scarpa and it is 1.1mm narrowerer.

Has anyone had any similar experiences/issues?

Cheers

Posted: 11 February 2012 05:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

That is interesting, can you send the widths you measured, I will check my boots (and bindings) to see how they measure up.

I remember some people having problems with the toe pieces prereleasing but I think this was in tour mode where the long lever they originally used on the plum could get hit by the boot.

Posted: 12 February 2012 10:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-02-11

I have measured the cochise at the front where the binding clips in and it measures 62.56mm, I have checked others and they are very similar.  The Scarpa’s measure 63.42mm. I know this is 0.9mm but could this make the difference?
It’s really frustrating not having confidence in your bindings - especially when it’s such an awesome, shiny new setup!

Posted: 12 February 2012 10:50 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

I measured my Scarpa F3s at 63.2mm, I checked the jaws of my Plum Guide S and TLT Speeds and closed these measure 60.5mm

If you get ice in the lugs this will also cause pre-release. Did you try skiing your friend’s plums, if this is possible?