This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Who’s a Rocker
Posted: 01 July 2011 12:23 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-05-21

Well, I finally cracked and was persuaded to purchase a pair of Gotama 194’s last Autumn, due to last seasons snow conditions, I couldn’t bring myself to throw them down the hill...just as well as me old K2’s are now terminal.
Anyhow, as Rocker is the latest thing ( these things have quite a gentle one by the look of them ) I just wondered are you lot on these things now, and does it make that much difference etc. It strikes me you adjust to what’s on your feet anyway.
I have just bought the boy a pair of Head Mojo Johnny 94 180’s with no rocker in a sale, his first proper all mountain ski..now they do look the business ! any thoughts on these things ?
Just rambling, bored I think.

Greetings from Worcester, Middle England.

Posted: 06 July 2011 04:45 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-05-21

Zut alors...a Glawster boy !

We were up in La Grave for a week in early March, whilst the Top half was ok, it was getting a bit thin towards the bottom. Having had the nod from a guide in Skiers lodge, we had a couple of days up at Serre Chevalier and Montgenevre, and they did have a decent dump, and we found some great lines for the future.
We also had a revisit to Cervinia/Zermatt in early February, plenty of snow & sun, but no fresh stuff so gave up and hired some piste skis.

Might see you at Kingsholm on the 10th September ?
C’mon you Warriors an all that !

Cheers