This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Transport between Alpe d’Huez and la Grave
Posted: 07 October 2011 08:44 AM  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-12-28

I am looking for easy and cheap transport between Alpe D’huez and La Grave in week 3 2012.
Stay in Alpe with family that week on a ordinary piste vacation, but want to, if snow situation is good to spend a day in La Grave. suggestion will be appreciated.

[ Edited: 07 October 2011 09:38 AM by davidof]

Posted: 07 October 2011 09:42 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

Might be worth bumping this a bit later in the year as there may be some alpe d’Huez residents with cars.

The most exotic way would be to helicopter over to les Deux Alpes and ski over from there but it may not be practical with timings.

Otherwise there is a VFD bus service from l’Alpe d’Huez down to Bourg d’Oisans then it is 35 minutes on the bus from Bourg to la Grave. The timetables are not out yet, vfd’s website is http://www.vfd.fr (for trainspotter points: vfd used to run a train service to Bourg before the rail line was ripped up, the bus station was the old train terminus).

Posted: 08 October 2011 09:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-10-28

Hi there...my advice would be to pop in to Smithy’s Tavern at the beginning of your week in Alpe d’Huez and ask around if any of the local ADH freeriders (like myself) might be going over to La Grave that week - if you want to drop me a line with any other Alpe d’Huez related questions before your trip out then please do:

Bring on a bumper winter of powder....been snowing here in resort all day today!

Sam