This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Garmont Outrider
Posted: 20 April 2010 08:04 PM  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2006-01-24

Just in case anyone’s looking at these ....

They are the replacement for the Megaride and they seem identical mostly. The main difference is the buckles which are neither the classic Garmont walk clips nor the new push-clickly things, the buckles are pretty light and I think it’s shaved a couple of grams off the boot weight.

Basically, it is a Megaride but red though, my megarides were pretty shot particularly the Dynafit inserts so I got the outriders from Sport Conrad as a replacement as I’ve always been happy the the Megarides.

Incidentally, I managed to buy both the megarides and the outriders all on my own without giving a couple of hundred quid to an opinionated freelance shoe shop assistant, so well done me grin for 50 quid I’ll take anyone that needs boots to a store that has some boots in stock and we’ll pick one that fits to start with instead of starting with one that doesn’t and wrecking it. It’s radical but the entire world, apart from some people in the UK and USA, have been doing it forever and it works just fine grin

Signature 

SwissMountainLeader.com & B&B L’EpicĂ©a, Leysin, Switzerland