This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Social Science Research and Avalanche Safety: Survey Anyone?
Posted: 23 February 2011 06:48 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-02-23

Hello fellow backcountry enthusiasts

My name is Alexandria Schmitz and I am a research student at Thompson Rivers University. I am doing a study on the achievement motivations of backcountry skiers and snowmobilers. Social sciences lack in avalanche research and there is much to know about the human factor and avalanche safety. Understanding human behavior is the first step in understanding how we can prevent more backcountry incidents.
If you would assist in the research by answering the survey below it is much appreciated. The survey is confidential and anonymous.

http://www.surveyfeedback.ca/surveys/wsb.dll/s/1gd14

Posted: 24 February 2011 12:17 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2010-12-13

please check your lickert scale!!! 1and 5 both the same?! confused

Posted: 01 March 2011 04:02 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-02-23

Thanks so much

Posted: 01 March 2011 04:03 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-02-23

Hello fellow backcountry enthusiasts

My name is Alexandria Schmitz and I am a research student at Thompson Rivers University. I am doing a study on the achievement motivations of backcountry skiers and snowmobilers. Social sciences lack in avalanche research and there is much to know about the human factor and avalanche safety. Understanding human behavior is the first step in understanding how we can prevent more backcountry incidents.
If you would assist in the research by answering the survey below it is much appreciated. The survey is confidential and anonymous and should not take more than two minutes of your time.

http://www.surveyfeedback.ca/surveys/wsb.dll/s/1gd14

Posted: 01 March 2011 01:58 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-02-23

Why has this thread been posted again? The last time it was posted it was pointed out to you that the Lickert Scale had a typo in it…

1- Strongly Agree 2- Disagree 3- Neutral 4- Agree 5- Strongly Agree

...so it is impossible to answer the questions. Why don’t you correct it and people might answer it?

Posted: 01 March 2011 06:18 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

Don’t know why it has been reposted, I’ve decided to merge the two threads.