This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Listen to this!
Posted: 12 January 2011 05:55 PM  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-12-18

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuer/news.newsmain/article/0/0/1747459/KUER.Local.News/Avalanche.Danger.Lurking.in.the.Snow
Bruce Tremper author of Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain talking on the radio. This book is the best I have read on the subject and this is a great opportunity to hear the man himself.

Posted: 12 January 2011 09:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2008-11-16

That book is fantastic and it’s great to hear it straight from the man himself. I’d advise everybody here to read this book and then lend it to your ski buddies and insist that they read it too.

Posted: 13 January 2011 06:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  270
Joined  2008-01-31

Those of us who skied backcountry lots in Utah—before the Utah reports were posted daily on the web—would normally listen to the daily avalanche forecast as a recorded message over the phone. So we’ve heard Bruce Tremper’s voice many times.

Yes the book is excellent. Read and Re-read.

Ken

P.S. Unlike France, the dairly report for Utah was put out around 7:30 in the morning, so it was up-to-date with the latest findings from control work earlier that morning by the ski patrollers at the local ski stations around Salt Lake City.

Posted: 14 January 2011 08:50 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2010-12-13

Bruce tempers book is the best I have read ,but are there any others that anyone would recomend?.