This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Espace Diamant expansion
Posted: 01 January 2010 09:22 AM  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2005-07-28

Does anyone know the current status of plans to expand the Espace Diamant ski area? I understand there used to be plans to link it up with Megeve, Hautluce & Les Contamines etc but that there was significant opposition to this. I’ve not heard anything for a while and was curious to know if the idea been (hopefully) shelved.

Posted: 01 January 2010 11:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

You’ve probably seen this article, it is a bit dated but covers some of the problems with expanding the ski area:

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Articles/Diamonds-Are-For-Never

I heard they were busy doing some terracing work this summer in the Basse Combe area which is related to the extension of the ski area. Some freeriders are not happy with this. There are still very strong objects from environmental groups including FRAPNA and Mountain Wilderness.

The latest news are 2 new chairs: The Chamois at les Saisies (2000 p/h) and at Notre-Dame-de-Bellecombe,
in the Mont Rond sector (2400 p/h). 2 new drag lifts: les Trolliers at les Saisies and the 3 Coins which links Praz sur Arly with Notre-Dame-de-Bellecombe by the summit of the pistes. Three new blue runs in les Saisies, Praz sur Arly and at Notre-Dame-de-Bellecombe. A telecord at Notre-Dame-de-Bellecombe to ease skier access.

This is the new plan for the liason les Contamines / Megeve

projetliaisonmars2006_001.jpg