This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Snowpulse avalanche sacks
Posted: 07 November 2010 09:30 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2010-09-13

Has anyone long term experience of wearing a Snowpulse avalanche rucksack? Some reviews describe them as uncomfortable to wear. I tried one on in the shop and found this to be the case as the shoulder straps were very stiff. This is because the air bag is inside the straps. Do they loosen up with use? Do they become more comfortable over time?

Posted: 08 November 2010 06:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-27

My friend bought one 2 years ago I tried it on and thought the same as you, so was looking for a ABS. but last summer i found a SnowPulse -50%
so had to buy. Skied about 60 days with it, very comfy the stiffness almost seems to help as it doesn’t move around while skiing as much as my old Avalung, wouldn’d
swap for ABS now.

Posted: 08 November 2010 09:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2010-09-13

Excellent info--thanks very much for the quick reply. It’s moved up my wish list. The only reason for not buying now is the cost. It’s unlikely I’ll find one 50% off at this time of the year. It seems expensive but you can now pay that much for a pair of skis without bindings and high end jackets are not far off the same price. Neither would save you in a slide.