News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Col de Porte reopens for school holidays
Posted: 15 February 2009 10:44 AM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

The col de porte is partially reopening for the school holiday period. This microstation has some excellent off piste for high avalanche risk days and is also the starting point for the classic ski tours to Chamchaude and the Charmant Som

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0800-col-de-porte-ski-station-closed/P10/

Posted: 18 February 2009 10:17 AM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  270
Joined  2008-01-31

Some friends were touring on Charmant Som on Monday, and they saw that Portes had the lifts running, so they told their family members who are into lift-served alpine skiing (and visiting from west France on school holiday)—and they skied there on Tuesday, said they liked it.

Ken

Posted: 18 February 2009 10:32 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

Hi Ken,

Yes we were there on Monday, climbed to the Chamechaude… which must be the most toured mountain in the world. My son then skied on the col in the afternoon. I spoke to the lift company which say they will service the other lifts over the summer and reopen the whole area next winter including the floodlit snowpark. The woods are fairly clear on the Chamchaude side and it is a bit of a spot for off piste skiing on high avy risk days.

Did you get my phone message BTW?