This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Tarantaise Lift Pass Options
Posted: 13 October 2008 06:38 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-11-10

I’m heading to Bourg St Maurice for a month in January.  The plan being to ride mainly in Les Arcs, powder days in St Foy and occasional trips to the other local resorts.  I’m trying to find out what the most cost effective method of buying lift passes will be? I’m guessing a season pass for Les Arcs would be a good place to start, but does that give me many days elsewhere?  An other suggestions, or websites with more information gratefully received!

On a slightly different note, has anyone skied/boarded at Pralognan de la Vanoise? As I’m thinking about paying it a visit.

thanks! grin

Posted: 13 October 2008 11:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

The season pass will give you days elsewhere but they change the number each year. The Holiski pass may fit your needs although I don’t think they include Ste Foy

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0850-holoski-ski-resorts-angry-with-the-cda/

At one time the Ste Foy pass season pass was a good deal as it gave you some days in other resorts. But if you are mainly going to be skiing at les Arcs (makes sense with the monorail) then I guess you need to see what they offer. Check out if there is an early bird deal as these can give big discounts.

Posted: 25 October 2008 01:11 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-03-29

Last season my Les Arcs season pass entitled me to small discount on St Foy day tickets.  The day I went to St Foy, they insisted that I present a letter confirming I owned a season pass because the season (electronic) pass card had no photo or date written on it, and at St Foy they had no electronic card readers to confirm it was valid.  So that day I had to buy a full day ticket for St Foy.  I didn’t bother going back again last season as I never found any letter.

Posted: 04 November 2008 10:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-11-10

UPDATE - Just been in touch with the lift pass office in Les Arcs. The public price for Les Arcs season is €730 and €935 for the Paradiski. The Paradiski comes with days in any Esapce Olympique Savoie, although they haven’t said how many.  No month passes are sold, longest is 15 days!

Posted: 05 November 2008 02:32 PM   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2008-11-05

this holiski things looks really interesting for exploring such a large area.
thing is meribel and les men’, but not VT or Courchevel on board yet.

Posted: 05 November 2008 02:45 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

Yes it is a shame it is not all of the 3 vallees. They must be on the same handsfree system so can see where you have been. I guess revenue sharing was a big problem - the holoski resorts themselves are already complaining about this to the Compagnie des Alpes.

Posted: 05 November 2008 02:53 PM   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2008-11-05

yeah i read that link you put up, looks like Resorts are not happy about getting enough money.  Surely most big resorts are rich enough? no? Courchevel of all places?  I suppose ski passes must make up a good income for every resort so I can see where they are coming from, but not everyone will have one of these, plenty of people will by 3 Valley passes or La Plagne passes, or Espace Killy, etc.