Powered by Google™

Bolle Slide Visor - UVA/UVB protection?
Posted: 10 January 2013 07:52 PM  
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2010-01-29

Just upgraded my head-gear:
slidebluevisor.jpg
in aim to get better face shielding from raging elements. To my surprice, I cannot find anywhere what the UVA/UVB protection of both visors accompanying the said helmet is… (Gun Smoke Cat.3 and Lemon Cat.1)

Anyone knows?

Thanks,

-pp-

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:26 PM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2010-01-29

So, as per mail info from our CZ wholesale agent it should be 100%.... I dearly hope they are not kidding....(ref soon-to-be-at the Glacier Le Mantel, nearly 3500m above sea level....)

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:57 PM   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2006-01-24

very flash grin what led you to pick that? or, what made you not go the goggles & helmet route? How’s the airflow at any speed?

I wouldn’t mind a new helmet for touring, I’ll probably buy the first I see that fits and it more touring orientated. I glanced in Vieux Campeur the other day but didn’t see anything (did buy a nice new jacket though).

Signature 

SwissMountainLeader.com & B&B L’Epicéa, Leysin, Switzerland

Posted: 11 January 2013 06:16 PM   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2010-01-29

Well, as my eyes bear some 5 to 6 dioptres, I got to wear glasses all time… for randonee, bike, climbing etc. I do sport Rudy Project Perception Flip-up (no objections whatsoever, truly good ventilation as well as eye protection...)

But, once the (winter) weather get harsher (when it starts blow snows/rains horizontally) these do not shield upper face enough

I truly cannot stand goggles, as I perspire a lot, so getting misty almost immediately…

For nearly two years I was looking for a visor for my Salewa Xenon helmet, but not succeed obtaining it. Making it DIY prove impossible…

So I somehow expect this Bolle Visor Helmet to overcome negatives of goggles and extend positives of Rudy Projects… will report after gathering more field experience… especially in harsh environments..

Posted: 11 January 2013 06:27 PM   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2006-01-24

I’ll be interested to hear how it works in bad weather.

Signature 

SwissMountainLeader.com & B&B L’Epicéa, Leysin, Switzerland

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:17 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2010-12-13

On the subject of integrated Helmet visors,my wife upgraded to the HMR H2 helmet last year ,after struggling for years with prescription goggles etc. She has found the visor really good and is able to wear her normal glasses in comfort in all conditions. It may be a little “ top gun” but hey it works!.  Just looked up the UVA rating and both colours are UVA 380.

ski-helmets3_1369651c.jpg

[ Edited: 14 January 2013 07:53 PM by brian]