News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

alpes vaudoises end dec ‘12
Posted: 11 December 2012 10:39 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-12-11

Hi

I am going to be in Les Diablerets from 28-31 Dec inclusive. Does anyone have any suggestions for organised group skiing? I am looking to do some off-piste or touring with an instructor or mountain guide and would like a cheaper option than a private booking just for me. I have access to a car.

Thanks in advance

Posted: 12 December 2012 06:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2006-01-24

There’s some BMG guides in Leysin. You could try Steve Jones or Terry Ralph both have web pages and might be able to hook you up with someone. Busy time though, they’re probably booked up already, I know I am.

Signature 

SwissMountainLeader.com & B&B L’Epicéa, Leysin, Switzerland

Posted: 12 December 2012 06:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-12-11

Thanks for the suggestions, I have emailed both of them.

Posted: 02 January 2013 07:26 PM   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-24

I’d be interested in how you got on?

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 07:59 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-12-11

Very well thanks, I managed to get together with Steve for a couple of days: one in Leysin and the other from Isenau to Feutersoey. He came across well and in particular seemed to have a strong focus on safety. I will definitely try to ski with him in the future. So thanks again for the name.

Posted: 02 January 2013 08:08 PM   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-24

Steve and Mark Diggins from SAIS run the European Avalanche School at La Grave which is part of the BMG/IFMGA training which is excellent. I saw Steve the other day and he did say he’d had someone over there.  It was only just now I realised it might have been you. That Isenau route is a local classic, nice skiing over a long desent.

Signature