News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

2 of 2
broken megarides
Posted: 21 May 2008 10:12 PM   [ # 16 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-05-01

A little blob of Nutlock (or similar) may help to keep the canting adjuster tight.

Posted: 23 May 2008 10:50 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-01-21
bandit - 21 May 2008 10:12 PM

A little blob of Nutlock (or similar) may help to keep the canting adjuster tight.

I suggested that when it happened, but the adjuster doesn’t come apart (or at least how it was described to me), so it’s very difficult to get any thread lock on the thread. I’m not sure how it fits together, but the guy in the shop said that the only thing you can do is do it up very tight.

Posted: 30 June 2008 04:49 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-01-04

All this is a concern that we have had for some time over touring boots. They are designed to be light and do everything quite well. The construction has always felt flimsy. In the days before plastic - and decent touring bindings - we used leather boots and nordic bindings, either three pin or cable. This gave us little to have to worry about, also meant for easy repairs because we carried a tube of low temperature glue and some matches for filling a hole made by a torn out binding.

Since the new kit come in we had so little faith that we use normal alpine boots on normal skis with touring bindings. Seeing so may people skiing on Bandit 3 or 4s, fat Atomics, back country Dynastars and Volkls and even Stockli DPs with touring boots on gives me the fear. These boots are designed for going up quickly and down slowly. They are not freeride boots designed for the stresses of pistes or sustained off-piste.

Watching a guide ski - defensively - demonstrates the type of skiing that these boots are meant for. It is important to match the boot to ski to the binding to the skier. That said I use a race boot on a 201 DP Pro and with a Fritschi freeride which may not be ideal but so far so good!

Signature 

To ski or not to ski? There is no question...

Posted: 05 July 2008 08:00 PM   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2006-01-24

Just got them back, to be fair the store rang me a couple of weeks ago to tell me they’d got them but I was in the UK. Both main bolts/hinges were replaced and Garmont treated it as a warranty repair despite the obvious high mileage on the boots. The store, Stöckli at Vevey, picked up the postage for the return so no cost at all to me and well done all round! Service there is always good and we’ve a lot of kit from them (skis, ski boots, bikes, tent, hiking boots, climbing boots etc etc) so I’m a regular customer.

Signature 

SwissMountainLeader.com & B&B L’Epicéa, Leysin, Switzerland

Posted: 06 July 2008 09:50 PM   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-24

PS. Just looked properly at the box and they’ve given me a couple of spare bolts as well, that will be handy :D

Signature 

Posted: 22 September 2008 09:50 AM   [ # 21 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-05-01
ise - 06 July 2008 09:50 PM

PS. Just looked properly at the box and they’ve given me a couple of spare bolts as well, that will be handy :D

So, Garmont are feeling confident in the durability of their kit wink

Posted: 22 September 2008 10:24 AM   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-24
bandit - 22 September 2008 09:50 AM

ise - 06 July 2008 09:50 PM

So, Garmont are feeling confident in the durability of their kit wink

They probably feel I’m unlikely to be more careful in future grin

Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2011 03:03 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-18

After around 100+ days on my Endorphins an ankle rivet finally let go. Thought I was just tired towards the end of the day cause I couldn’t hold a line. Low and behold when I was packing up I saw the culprit (at least a valid excuse). Called Garmont USA 1st thing Monday AM. The lady that answered told me to email a picture to , 3 days later I have not 1 but 2 replacements. Hats off to Garmont.

2 of 2