This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Rab Expedition coat and salopettes For Sale
Posted: 05 October 2010 07:14 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-10-05

Selling my Rab Expedition Down jacket and matching salopettes.
As Rab says “for the most extreme conditions in the world”.

Known as the warmest coat in the world, it kept me alive for a month at Mag North Pole a few years ago.
While I didn’t make a habbit of staying outside the tent in the worst storms, I can vouch for the ability to work outside for prolonged periods in the harsest of weather and windchill temperatures of -100c.  If you’re taking on serious environmental conditions but need to still travel light, Rab Expedition Down is the only choice.

Coat still has the dog fur I sowed around the hood which creates a micro-climate to avoid losing your nose and cheeks when -45c winds get fierce and windchill is much colder - this fur can easily be unpicked/removed if you wish.

I need the space and am not going back to the pole in a hurry (nor taking on any serious winter alpine expeditions) so here it is for sale.  I’ll try to put a few pics on the blog shortly.

£100 for the coat, £50 for the trousers - or £120 together.

Postage should be reasonable as down insulation is bacically all about trapped air.
Call me on 0771 0057 177, reply here or email - I’m in Putney if you want to collect

Signature 

ski holidays and ski deals

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:35 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-10-05

sorry all, the Rab Expedition Down gear has gone to a good home

have a great winter season!

Signature 

Posted: 03 August 2011 11:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-10-05

there seem to be other options around - I googled “rab coat sale” and this was one of the results
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_nkw=RAB+Down+Jacket+M+Outdoor+Mountain+Winter+Coat+Pertex

but I bet there are many more
good luck

Signature