gear.
Thanks in advance!
Brandon

Posted: 11 April 2011 02:04 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-11

Hi

I snowboarded in Utah in 99, not been back since I’m afraid....

I’m often in cham, just arrived this evening with the family, will be here for 2 weeks. I’ve done a few routes over the years, though dont get out that much with 2 small kids, last route I did here was col du passion… had to walk out at the end even in early march, this year.

Last I heard, the Valley Blanche seemed to be a bit of a no go area as the snow bridges are very thin, of course you cant see where they are, but the local guides lost one of their finest last month, shocking!

I’m yet to get local knowledge for this week, but I’m guessing there may be some stuff off Grand Montet, maybe classic descents on Aig. Argentiere, new to me, though I’ve been past on the way to Col du Chardonnet...I’d probably splitboard as my skiing isnt quite up to the really steep stuff, oh, and I left my guide books in the UK… but we could probably get stuff off the web....

Cheers
Guy

Posted: 12 April 2011 05:57 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-04-10

Guy,
ok sounds great. I’ll arrive on thursday. If you want to reply to my email bmoore833@gmail, I’ll check that when I get into town. I’ll also have a better idea of whether I’ll have a phone or not and give you the number. Should be an interesting trip!
Thanks

Brandon