News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Ski touring hire Chamonix?
Posted: 17 March 2011 07:21 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-03-08

Hi
Being committed skiers and winter climbers we thought we would expand to ski touring this year, so my wife and I are heading out to the Chamonix area in the next few weeks to get some idea of what is what!

Problem I have is telling from a web search as to who hires touring skis, skins and bindings. Would prefer Diamir seem to be easier to get to grips with but our boots can mount into Dynafit as well. So our boots are sorted so that is no problem as is the other important gear. 

Can anyone recommend a shop in the town?

Thanks

Posted: 17 March 2011 10:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-11-09

Sanglards do decent stuff, but Diamir not Dynafit as far as I know, big discounts online.

Posted: 17 March 2011 11:25 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2009-12-27

Speak to Rob at Alp Centre in Argentiere I am sure he will sort you out, Has fritchi and Dynafit

Posted: 18 March 2011 07:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-12-18

The guys at Sportec in Argentiere are excellent - you can also pop next door for a beer in the Stone bar when you take them back wink

Posted: 18 March 2011 07:24 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-03-08

Hi all

Thanks for the replies, looks as if I will have to wait till we arrive in resort.

Shops online booking does not accommodate what we required, great prices if you need downhill stuff though......!

Thx
S

Posted: 20 March 2011 05:19 PM   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-11-09

You can defiantly book touring gear on the Sanglards website but you need to look around the site to find it. A friend did it last week, booked Scott air i think they are called with Diamir he is doing the HRL so booked 8/9 days I think it was around 140 euro skis skins crampons, but no boots.

‹‹ Chris Dale      Pulk Hire Chamonix/courmayeur ››