This is an archive of the old PisteHors.com forum

News | Gear | Ski Areas | Hiking | Mountain Biking
Powered by Google™

Enough of crappy ski restaurants!!!- restoski.com
Posted: 01 February 2010 10:58 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-01-26

After two full seasons of rubbish food at expensive prices in the alps I finally decided to do somehting about it and set up restoski.com

Anybody else feel like they’re being ripped off in these restos?

restoski

Posted: 02 February 2010 01:46 AM   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2008-11-16

Perhaps I could set up skirestoloos.com, a site dedicated to time spent on your ass having slipped down 40 soaking wet steps in your ski boots to land in tartiflette flavoured piss on the floor

Posted: 02 February 2010 09:31 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2234
Joined  2003-10-24

You should post this in press releases. The link doesn’t seem to go anywhere?

http://www.restoski.com/

can you expand on your project a bit?

Posted: 02 February 2010 09:40 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-24
Dan Fascia - 02 February 2010 01:46 AM

Perhaps I could set up skirestoloos.com, a site dedicated to time spent on your ass having slipped down 40 soaking wet steps in your ski boots to land in tartiflette flavoured piss on the floor

Those downstairs restrooms are a nightmare, they normally have extra slippy tiled floors. Probably why an ESF ski instructor I knew from Val d’Isere, a certain Monsieur Moris, never took the risk and just used to **** directly from the lift queue. That man was like a reservoir, at the bottom of nearly every run he had to relieve himself. The result were little yellow patches all over the slopes.

I remember a guy in our party who got food poisoning from the chalet food he was eating (the chalet girls never washed their hands and he even claimed to have had “congress” with one of them on the ####### work surfaces - hoist by his own petard one could say).

Anyway enough of that. He was caught short and only managed to get half way down the stairs before Mt. St Helens erupted in his canary yellow one piece fartbag. Despite being sent to the cleaners that night he never got rid of the brown stain in the seating area but insisted on wearing it all week. The tour operator manager took it off his hands at the end of the week and gave him compensation - they were going to use it in training to show what happens to guests if chalet girls have poor hygene.

Posted: 02 February 2010 10:44 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-01-26

Hi all,

Sorry for my poor techy skills, it’s not really my forte.  It seems to be working ok now though.

As for a bit more background, well basically having lived in Geneva and skiing as much as possible since the 2007/08 season, I found myself more and more resenting having to pay loads of money for rubbish food in ski restos. I often commented on how it would be a good idea to set up some sort of guide so skiers can make an informed choice about where to spend their money. 

I won’t explain too much about how the site works as it’s really simple (just write your thing and choose a rating), and can be accessed anywhere, including from your mobile on the slopes!

Hopefully if people start voting with their feet (or boots as the case may be) then the restos will sit up and take notice!

Cheers,

http://www.restoski.com

Posted: 02 February 2010 11:29 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-24

If you live in Geneve I suggest you visit les Brasses for some crappy restaurants!

Posted: 02 February 2010 08:26 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-01-26

There are a lot of bad restos here in Geneva, and a lot of good ones too.  Although that being said, the quality of the the food in the Swiss resorts I have been to isn’t all that either!

Posted: 03 February 2010 02:22 AM   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2004-01-10

The site is now accessible but there does not appear to be any method of allowing other contributors to post their ratings or suggestions for additional Restaurants????

Posted: 03 February 2010 10:48 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-01-26

Hi,

All you have to do is choose your resto, leave a comment below and choose the rating.  The dot on the piste map will then change to show the average rating.

Users are more than welcome to email me with additional restos!  I need pics, exact location, and a review for each one.  Suffice to say I’ve been busy recently!

I hope that helps!